Digital Art Director—Beauty Experience Required
Seeking a hands-on Digital Art Director who has a passion for design and the creative development process. You will be the design lead for the ongoing creative production of digital marketing campaigns to drive business growth. You’ll partner with cross functional stakeholders to develop and execute conceptual work that delivers on the expectations of the consumer. You will be responsible for taking digital marketing objectives from a brief and translating them by way of impeccable quality across all creative output.
The position requires the ability to serve as a thought-partner to the Creative Director and be a breakthrough creative in the beauty industry. This is a real hands-on opportunity and requires a personality that is a blend both digital art direction and implementation. This is a remote position and can be based anywhere in the US.
- Must be able to partner with lead copywriter to create & pitch 360° digital campaigns & landing page concepts in both low- and high-fidelity.
- Must be able to partner with photo/video producers & social media managers to provide prescriptive art direction decks to photographers, videographers, prop stylists, models and influencers. These include creating photo moodboards, video storyboards, and retouching notes hands-on.
- Must be able to partner with video post-production editors and sound to provide campaign-specific art direction and create video assets.
- Supports the Creative Director with the brand development process by getting hands-on in producing, updating, and building the brand style guide in line with brand strategy.
- Supports the Creative Director in developing the digital creative strategy & driving its execution as needed, creating a holistic digital creative that can be dispersed into various digital mediums and translated across all digital touchpoints of the brand.
- Ensures that all digital designs adhere to brand guidelines with minimal guidance.
- Fosters strong partnerships with digital marketing and cross-functional teams; leading collaboration/working sessions to drive new ideas/solutions.
- Responsible for impeccable quality across all digital creative output.
- Track record of success in a digitally driven creative environment within beauty brands.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Highly developed design sense and desire to produce elevated, brand-building, and innovative work. Active learner - staying ahead of industry, design, social media trends and technology.
- Superior organization and time management skills.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects from concept to completion under varying time constraints.
- Excellent type/design skills, and conceptual design skills.
- Possesses an excellent knowledge of design software - including In-Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, and UX Prototyping tools.
- 7+ years in a highly productive creative environment.
- B.A. in Graphic Design or fine art from a design/art school. (4 years of combined college education and work experience may be substituted for a college degree)